French,pet form of JOSEPHINE, feminine of JOSEPH"Jehovah increases"
Josette Origin and Meaning
The name Josette is a girl's name of French origin meaning "Jehovah increases".
One of the group of French 'ette'-ending names that emigrated to this country in the last century, though never as popular as some others, such as Claudette and Paulette--it did have a little six-year flurry here between 1967 and 1973. Josette may be feminine and flirty, but, given the choice, most parents today would prefer Josephine.
# in the US
Josette Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Josette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Josette.
Famous People Named Josette
- Josette BynumAmerican pro wrestler
- Josette SimonEnglish actress
- Josette DayFrench actress
- Josette BushellMingo, English actress and theater director
- Josette BanzetFrench,American actress
- Josette PonsFrench National Assemblywoman from Var
- Josette MaskinAmerican guitarist and member of band MUNA
Josette in Pop Culture
- Josette du Prescharacter on TV's "Dark Shadows"
- Josettecharacter in X,Men comics
- Josettecharacter in "David and Lisa"
- Josette "Jo" Parkercharacter on TV's "The Vampire Diaries"
- Josette "Josie" Saltzmancharacter on TV's "The Vampire Diaries", daughter of Alaric Saltzman.