Hebrew"the glory is gone"
Ichabod Origin and Meaning
The name Ichabod is boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "the glory is gone".
Ichabod, an eccentric Old Testament name, is forever tied to the character of Ichabod Crane -- and worse, the teasing possibilities of "icky bod." Even its original meaning is a negative. Skip Ichabod, as if you were ever tempted.
20 Names Similar to Ichabod
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ichabod.
Lists containing Ichabod
- Biblical Baby Names
- Spooky Halloween Baby Names
- Names That Mean Trouble
- Cool Baby Names That Start With I
- Disney Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Names That Mean Victory
- Gorgeous Autumn Baby Names
Famous People Named Ichabod
- Ichabodson of Phinehas; grandson of Eli (1 Samuel 14:3)
Ichabod in Pop Culture
- Ichabod Spectercharacter in computer game "The Sims"
- Ichabod Cranecharacter in Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"
- Ichabodone of Theagan's children in Deltora Quest
- Ichabodsmascot of Washburn University