Tasmanian tree name"huon river pine"
Huon Origin and Meaning
The name Huon is boy's name meaning "huon river pine".
A name gaining recognition in Australia, based on the huon pine tree which grows in Tasmania. Boatbuilders especially love this rare wood, which floats well, is resistant to rot, and has a strong pine-y scent.
20 Names Similar to Huon
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Huon.
Famous People Named Huon
- JeanMichel Huon de Kermadec (18th,Century French navigator after whom the Huon River, Huon Pine, Huonville and Huon Peninsula were named)
- Huon Hooke (Australian wine writer)
- Gabriel Louis Marie Huon de Kerilleau ( arrived in Australia in 1794 as a member of the NSW Corps. Taught John Macarthur's children at Elizabeth FarmParramatta. His descendants settled the Upper Murray.)
Huon in Pop Culture
- Huon ParticlesDoctor Who
- Huoncharacter in Legend of Korra
- Huon de Bordeaux
- KingEmperor Huon, character in The History of the Runestaff
- HuanWolfhound of Oromë, The Silmarillion