Havelock Origin and Meaning
The name Havelock is boy's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "sea competition".
A name from medieval romance with an endearingly clunky sound, à la Sherlock. The most famous modern wearer was twentieth-century psychologist/sexologist Havelock (born Henry) Ellis.
20 Names Similar to Havelock
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Havelock.
Famous People Named Havelock
- Havelock EllisBritish sexologist and author
- Sir Henry Havelock (17951857), British general
Havelock in Pop Culture
- Havelok the Danea character in medieval romance
- Lord Havelock VetinariPatrician in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
- Dmitri HavelockCharacter in The Expanse Books by James S. A. Corey
- Admiral Farley Havelockcharacter in the stealth game Dishonored