Hebrew"a camel hump"
Gilead Origin and Meaning
The name Gilead is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "a camel hump".
Like Bethany and Shiloh, a meaningful biblical place-name.
20 Names Similar to Gilead
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gilead.
Famous People Named Gilead
- Gileadgrandson of Manasseh, great,grandson of Joseph (1 Chr. 7:14)
- Gileadson of Michael, father of Jaroah, of the tribe of Gad (1 Chr. 5:14)
Gilead in Pop Culture
- Mount Gileadmentioned in Song of Solomon 4:1
- "Gilead" novel by Marilynne Robinson
- Gileaddystopian society in "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood