Irish"descendant of foreign helper"
Gallagher Origin and Meaning
The name Gallagher is boy's name of Irish origin meaning "descendant of foreign helper".
Gallagher is, like so many of its genre, friendly, open, and optimistic. Some might associate it with the fraternal members of the band Oasis, Noel and Liam Gallagher.
20 Names Similar to Gallagher
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gallagher.
Famous People Named Gallagher
- (Leo Anthony) GallagherAmerican comedian
- Gallagher LennonSon of football manager Neil Lennon
- Noel and Liam GallagherBritish musicians of Oasis
Gallagher in Pop Culture
- Gallagherfamily name on television show Shameless, consisting of Frank, Fiona, Philip (Lip), Ian, Debbie, Carl, and Liam Gallagher
- Gallagher & LyleScottish musical duo consisting of Benny Gallagher and Graham Lyle
- Gallagher & Sheanvaudeville act consisting of Edward Gallagher and Al Shean
- Mary Katherine Gallaghercharacter on TV's Saturday Night Live played by Molly Shannon