Spanish and Portuguese elaboration of Flora or Florence"flower"
Florinda Origin and Meaning
The name Florinda is girl's name of Spanish origin.
Florinda may be taking a good thing, the name of the Roman goddess of flowers and springtime, and making it too elaborate.
Famous People Named Florinda
- Florinda BolkanBrazilian actress
- Florinda Serafina MezaMexican actress
- Florinda Donner (born Regine Margarita Thal)American writer and friend of Carlos Castaneda
- Florinda ChicoSpanish actress
- Florinda da Rosa Silva ChanMacau politician
Florinda in Pop Culture
- Florinda la Cavalegendary figure who played a central role in the downfall of the Visigothic kingdom in Spain
- Fiorindafictional duchess of Urbin in James Shirley's 1636 play The Great Duke of Florence
- Florinda Grantleycharacter in Anthony Trollope's novel, 'The Warden'