Irish Gaelic"white shoulders"
Fionnuala Origin and Meaning
The name Fionnuala is girl's name of Irish Gaelic origin meaning "white shoulders".
This lovely Gaelic name, very popular in the Emerald Isle, has inspired a whole host of diminutives (including Nuala and Nola) and variant spellings, from Finola to Finula to the Scottish and English Fenella. In Irish legend Fionnuala was one of the four children of Lir who were transformed into swans for 900 years.
20 Names Similar to Fionnuala
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fionnuala.
Famous People Named Fionnuala
- Fionnghuala Manon "Fionnula" FlanaganIrish actress
- Fionnuala Nic Dhomhnaill aka Ineen Dubh16th century ruler of Tyrconnell, Ireland
- Fionnuala Kennywife of Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
- Fionnuala SweeneyIrish newscaster
- Fionnuala McCormackIrish Olympic runner
- Fionnuala SherryIrish musician of duo Secret Garden
- Fionnuala Ní FhlathartaIrish actress
- Fionnuala EllwoodIrish actress
- Fionnuala GygaxIrish actress
Fionnuala in Pop Culture
- Fionnualadaughter of Lir and Eve in the Irish myth The Children of Lir
- Fionnualacharacter in the movie "The Secret of Roan Inish"