Elfrida Origin and Meaning
The name Elfrida is girl's name of English origin meaning "elf power".
The name of the mother of Aethelred the Unready was once common among the Anglo-Saxon nobility, and was briefly revived during the 19th century, only to be lost once again to history. However, with the recent revival of Frida and other clunky-cool vintage gems like Agatha, Matilda and Theodora, we think this ancient option could be worth a second look. And how cute would a baby Elfie be?
20 Names Similar to Elfrida
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Elfrida.
Famous People Named Elfrida
- Elfrida or ÆlfthrythQueen consort of Edgar the Peaceful of England
- Elfrida AndréeSwedish organist and composer
- Elfriede LohseWächtler (1899,1940), German painter
- Elfriede JelinekAustrian playwright and novelist
- Elfrida Pigou (191160), Canadian mountaineer
- Elfrida VipontEnglish children's author
Elfrida in Pop Culture
- Elfride Swancourtheroine of Thomas Hardy's 'A Pair of Blue Eyes' (1873)
- Lady Elfridamother of Edward Tilney in 'Friends and Relations' (1931) by Elizabeth Bowen