German and French feminine form of Christian"follower of Christ"
Christiane Origin and Meaning
The name Christiane is girl's name of German, French origin.
There are not one but two notable modern women with this name: journalist Christiane Amanpour and physician/author Christiane Northrup. In Germany, the pronunciation is kris-tee-AH-na while in France, it's kris-tee-AHN — and in the U.S., there's sure to be confusion. While Christiane is not stylish, it's a strong, attractive, unusual-though-familiar name.
20 Names Similar to Christiane
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Christiane.
Famous People Named Christiane
- Christiane Eberhardine of BrandenburgBayreuth, Queen consort of Augustus II of Poland
- Christiane AmanpourBritish,Iranian TV journalist
- Christiane Maria dos Santos TorloniBrazilian actress
- Christiane NussleinVolhard, German biologist and winner of the Nobel Prize
- Christiane JolissaintSwiss tennis player
- Christiane SoederGerman,Austrian cyclist
- Christiane F. (born Vera Christiane Felscherinow)German actress, basis for the book/film "We Children from Bahnhof Zoo"
- Christiane DemontésFrench Senator
- Christiane HummelFrench Senator
- Christiane KammermannFrench Senator
- Christiane TaubiraFrench Minister of Justice
- Christiane MercelisBelgian tennis player
- Christiane GuhelFrench ice dancer
- Christiane NorthrupAmerican physician and author
- Christiane KrauseGerman Olympic runner
- Christiane Friederike Wilhelmine "Minna (Minchen)" HerzliebGerman foster,daughter of publisher Karl Ernst Friedrich Frommann and muse of Goethe