Alethea Origin and Meaning
The name Alethea is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "truth".
Alethea, the name of the Greek goddess of truth, came into fashion in England in the 16th century, in tandem with the virtue names. Alethea may find new favor now as one of the goddess names stylish for baby girls.
20 Names Similar to Alethea
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alethea.
Lists containing Alethea
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Four Syllable Names for Girls
- Names with Inspirational Meanings
- Fastest-Rising Names on Nameberry
- Steampunk Baby Names
- Unique Names from History
- Goddess Names for Babies
- Mythological Names
Famous People Named Alethea
- Alethea HowardCountess of Arundel
- Alethea Catharine HayterEnglish journalist and author
- Alethea KontisAmerican children's author
- Alethea Blow CharltonEnglish actress
- Alethea Ada McGrathAustralian actress
- Margaret Alethea Gylesbirth name of Althea Gyles, Irish poet
Alethea in Pop Culture
- Alethea Huntcharacter in David Ireland's absurdist novel "A Woman of the Future" (1979)
- Sophia Alethea HobsonCol. Thomas Newcome's second wife in "The Newcomes" (1853,5) by William Makepeace Thackeray