Scottish variation of Alexander"defending men"
Alasdair Origin and Meaning
The name Alasdair is a boy's name of Scottish, Scottish Gaelic origin meaning "defending men".
In this country, more recognizable with the Alistair spelling.
20 Names Similar to Alasdair
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alasdair.
Lists containing Alasdair
Famous People Named Alasdair
- Alasdair Óg Mac DomhnaillLord of Islay and chief of Clann Domhnaill
- Alasdair RobertsScottish folk musician
- Alasdair Chalmers MacIntyreScottish philosopher
- Alasdair GrayScottish novelist
- Alasdair Mac Collasoldier in Scottish folklore
- Alasdair David Gordon MilneScottish former Director,General of the BBC
- Alasdair StrokoschScottish rugby union player
- Alasdair mac Mhaighstir AlasdairScottish poet
- Alasdair GillisCanadian actor (You Can't Do That on Television")
- Alasdair Stuartthree,time Hugo finalist and co,owner of Escape Artists Podcast Network