Turkish variation of Ahmad"greatly praised"
Ahmet Origin and Meaning
The name Ahmet is a boy's name of Turkish origin meaning "greatly praised".
Ahmet is known outside its native land largely thanks to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. The original crazy celebrity baby namer Frank Zappa named one of his sons Ahmet, after the influential music executive. Ahmad is a variation of Muhammad.
20 Names Similar to Ahmet
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ahmet.
Lists containing Ahmet
Famous People Named Ahmet
- Ahmet Davutoğlu26th Prime Minister of Turkey
- Ahmet ErtegünTurkish,American founder of Atlantic records
- Ahmet TürkKurdish Turkish politician
- Ahmet Emuukha Rodan ZappaAmerican writer and producer, son of musician Frank Zappa
- Ahmet Kayhan DedeTurkish Sufi master
- Ahmet KayaKurdish Turkish singer