Wanda Origin and Meaning
The name Wanda is a girl's name of Slavic origin meaning "shepherdess; wanderer".
Rarely heard, and when it is, usually attached to a witch. Historically, though, Wanda was a legendary eighth century queen of Poland, and in literature it is the central character of Ouida's eponymous novel Wanda. A musical namesake is the great Polish harpsichordist Wanda Landowska.
20 Names Similar to Wanda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wanda.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Wanda
Famous People Named Wanda
- Wandalegendary queen of the Poles
- Wanda LandowskaPolish,French harpsichordist
- Wanda RutkiewiczPolish mountain climber
- Wanda SykesAmerican comedian and actress
- Wanda Lavonne JacksonAmerican singer,songwriter
- Wanda De JesusAmerican actress
- Wanda HendrixAmerican actress
- Wanda VenthamBritish actress
- Wanda GagAmerican children's book writer and illustrator
- Wanda NaraArgentine TV personality
- Wanda E. BrunstetterAmerican romance novelist
Wanda in Pop Culture
- Wanda Marya Maximoff aka The Scarlet Witchcharacter in Marvel Comics
- Wanderer "Wanda" main character of "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer
- Wanda Goronskimain character in "Wanda," 1970 film
- Wanda Plenncharacter on TV's "Doogie Howser, M.D."
- Wandafairy on animated series "Fairly Odd Parents"
- Wanda Bellcharacter from TV's "Orange Is the New Black"
- Wandacharacter from movie "Dude, Where's My Car?"
- Wandacharacter on TV's "Hart of Dixie"
- Wayne and Wanda"Muppet Show" singing duo
- "A Fish Called Wanda" 1988 movie