Latin, Hebrew, Arabic"like a star; order, sequence; lotus tree"
Sidra Origin and Meaning
The name Sidra is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "like a star; order, sequence; lotus tree".
Sidra is an uncommon name shared by a gulf off the coast of Libya. Popular in the Jewish community of North Africa, its Hebrew meaning refers to a weekly reading portion of the Torah. In Arabic, it's the name of a tree, which is an Islamic symbol of the upper limit of heaven.
20 Names Similar to Sidra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sidra.
Lists containing Sidra
- Space Baby Names
- Stellar Names That Mean Star
- Magical Christmas Baby Names
- December Baby Names
- Muslim Names
- European Names
- Uncommon Girl Names
Famous People Named Sidra
- Sidra StoneAmerican author and psychotherapist
- Sidra SadafPakistani cyclist
Sidra in Pop Culture
- Sidracharacter on an episode of TV's "Seinfeld" ("they're real and they're spectacular")
- "Sidra" is the Spanish word for 'cider'
- Cognate to Sadira