Sheherazade Origin and Meaning
The name Sheherazade is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "noble lineage".
The tale-spinning heroine of The Thousand and One Nights, Sheherazade is an extravagantly elaborate name for a little girl. Too extravagantly elaborate? It's lovely and beguiling, and with the rise of such evocative monikers as Persephone and Ophelia, Sheherazade may have a chance in the modern baby name world. Another accepted spelling is Scheherazade. While the origin of this name is Persian, there are also modern Arabic forms of the name.
20 Names Similar to Sheherazade
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sheherazade.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Sheherazade
Famous People Named Sheherazade
- Sheherazade Ventura Bentley GoldsmithBritish environmentalist, author, columnist and jeweller
- Sheherezade AlamPakistani ceramist
- Shéhérazade Semsar de BoissésonFrench,Iranian journalist and publisher
Sheherazade in Pop Culture
- "Shérazade" (1982)novel by Leïla Sebbar
- Also spelled Scheherazade