Norse"from the woman's estate"
Quimby Origin and Meaning
The name Quimby is a boy's name of Norse origin meaning "from the woman's estate".
Virtually never heard in this country -- and probably not very often in Scandinavia -- with a quirky quality.
20 Names Similar to Quimby
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Quimby.
Lists containing Quimby
Famous People Named Quimby
- Eugene Quimby "Red" TobinAmerican RAF pilot in WWII
- Daniel Arthur Quimby "Danny" CruzAmerican soccer player
- Seibert Quimby DuntleyAmerican physicist
- Roxanne QuimbyAmerican artist and businesswoman, cofounder of Burt's Bees
Quimby in Pop Culture
- Joseph Fitzgerald O'Malley Fitzpatrick O'Donnell The Edge "Diamond Joe" QuimbyJr., mayor of Springfield on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Jane Quimbymain character on TV's "Jane by Design"
- Fletcher Pumpernickel Quimbycharacter on TV's "ANT Farm"
- Ramona Quimbymain character of Ramona series by Beverly Cleary
- Quimby the Mousecomic strip character by Chris Ware
- Chief Quimbycharacter in the Inspector Gadget series
- QuimbyHungarian rock band
- Sounds like slang word "quim"