Padraig Origin and Meaning
The name Padraig is a boy's name meaning "patrician, noble".
Parents of Irish heritage are increasingly looking for more authentic Gaelic names, and this is a native spin on Patrick. Pronunciation will be confusing for many Americans, though: It's POR-rick. Golf champ Padraig Harrington has brought it into the sports spotlight.
20 Names Similar to Padraig
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Padraig.
Lists containing Padraig
Famous People Named Padraig
- Pádraig PearseIrish revolutionary leader and signatory
- Pádraig Peter HarringtonIrish golfer
- Padraig MarrinanIrish painter
- Padraig RooneyIrish poet
- Padraig O'KeeffeIrish musician
- Pádraig AmondIrish footballer
- Pádraig Joseph FlynnIrish politician
- Pádraig "Paddy" MacKernanIrish diplomat
- Pádraig Mac LochlainnIrish Senator
Padraig in Pop Culture
- Pronounced like "poorick" or "poor,drick"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.