Nanna Origin and Meaning
The name Nanna is a girl's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "daring".
Nanna is a name from Norse mythology that is among the Top 30 names in contemporary Denmark. Popular in Norway in the 19th century, Nanna may also be considered a short form of a range of names, from Anna to Johanna to Marianne. As widespread as it is in Scandinavia, though, it's hard to imagine Nanna making a mark as a girl's name in modern day America, given its use as a name for grandmothers.
20 Names Similar to Nanna
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nanna.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Nanna
- Nanna Aland FabriciusDanish singer of band Oh Land
- Nanna Bryndís HilmarsdóttirIcelandic singer of band Of Monsters and Men
- Nanna Lüders JensenDanish singer,songwriter
- Nanna JanssonSwedish ice hockey player
- Nanna ChristiansenDanish footballer
- Nanna Koerstz MadsenDanish golfer
- Nanna Popham "Nan" Brittonmistress of U.S. President Warren Harding and mother of their child
Nanna in Pop Culture
- NannaNorse goddess, wife of the god Baldr, also known as Nanna Nepsdottir