Morag Origin and Meaning
The name Morag is a girl's name meaning "great".
Morag is one of the quintessential Scottish names for girls. Actually a diminutive of Mor, it has always been used more than the original. Commonly heard in Scotland, but could lead to pronunciation problems elsewhere, and the second syllable could prove very confusing. Morag is sometimes used as the Gaelic equivalent of Sarah. In the Harry Potter books, Morag MacDougal was a witch who attended Hogwarts in the same year as Harry.
20 Names Similar to Morag
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Morag.
Lists containing Morag
- Baby Names from Children's Books
- Best Scottish Girl Names
- Witch, Wizard, and Warlock Names
- Gaelic Names
Morag in Pop Culture
- Morag Stuartcharacter in the "St Clare" book series by Enid Blyton
- Mòrag LadairSpecial Inquisitor of the Ardanian Empire, from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Morag Gunnprotagonist of Canadian novel "The Diviners" by Margaret Laurence
- Morag Bellinghamcharacter in Australian soap Opera "Home and Away"
- Moragthe name of a planet in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and again in Avengers Endgame.