Leta Origin and Meaning
The name Leta is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "glad, joyful".
Leta has hipster cred as the daughter of cool mommy blogger Dooce. Related to the Greek mythological Leda, a great beauty who mothered another great beauty, Helen of Troy, Leta is a name that's as unique as it is historic: Only 14 baby girls were named Leta in the US last year, and 18 were named Leda. Pronunciation is lee-tah.
20 Names Similar to Leta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leta.
Lists containing Leta
Famous People Named Leta
- Laetasecond wife of Roman Emperor Gratian
- Leta Stetter HollingworthAmerican psychologist who studied exceptional children
- Leta LindleyAmerican pro golfer
- Mary Leta Dorothy Slatonbirth name of American actress and singer Dorothy Lamour
- Leta BiasucciAmerican ballerina
Leta in Pop Culture
- Possibly inspired by Latin laetusmeaning "glad" (making it a relative of Laetitia = "joy, happiness")
- Leta Lestrangecharacter from Harry Potter's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them