Leda Origin and Meaning
The name Leda is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "happy".
In classical Greek myth, Leda was a great beauty who mothered another great beauty, Helen of Troy. Leda is that rare name that is at once simple, deeply-rooted, and unique: Only 18 baby girls were named Leda in the US last year. A name used in several European countries, pronunciation is usually the straightforward lee-dah but the Italians say lay-dah.
20 Names Similar to Leda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leda.
Lists containing Leda
- Beautiful Bohemian Names for Girls
- Space Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Star and Planet Names
- Mystical Names
- Mythology Girl Names
- Names That Mean Moon
- Nature Names for Babies
Famous People Named Leda
- Leda GloriaItalian actress
- Leda CosmidesAmerican psychologist
- Leda Luss LuykenGreek conceptual artist
- Leda MilevaBulgarian children's author and translator
Leda in Pop Culture
- LedaSpartan queen in Greek mythology who gave birth to Helen after being visited by Zeus in the form of a swan
- Ledacharacter in Jodi Picoult's "Plain Truth"
- Ledacharacter on TV's "Queer as Folk"
- Ledacode name for the female clones on TV's 'Orphan Black'
- Leda Colecharacter in the novel "The Thousandth Floor"
More Lists containing Leda
- Greek Names
- Greek Names for Girls
- 4 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Happy
- Two Syllable Names for Girls
- Names that Peaked in 1904
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.