Joffrey Origin and Meaning
The name Joffrey is a boy's name of Scottish origin.
King Joffrey Baratheon, the petulant biological son of siblings Cersei and Jaime Lannisters, is perhaps the most notorious villain in the entire Game of Thrones canon. His name is practically a byword for sadism among fans of the show and George R.R. Martin's books. As such, we think it's probably a name best avoided IRL.
20 Names Similar to Joffrey
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Joffrey.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Joffrey
- Joffrey LupulCanadian ice hockey player
- Joffrey LauvergneFrench basketball player
- Joffrey ReynoldsAmerican CFL player
- Robert Joffreycreator of the Joffrey Ballet
- Gioffre (or Jofre) Borgia (b. 1482)son of Pope Alexander VI
Joffrey in Pop Culture
- Joffrey Baratheoncharacter from the "A Song of Ice and Fire" / "A Game of Thrones" series
- Joffrey Velaryonanother character in A Song of Ice and Fire
- Joffrecharacter in the game "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"
- The Joffrey Ballet