From the experts:
This unusual Greek flower and color name has gained considerable recent attention via actress Ione Skye, who is the daughter of sixties folksinger Donovan.
Ione was one of the fifty sea nymphs--Nereids--in ancient Greek mythology.
Parents attracted to newer I-names like Isla might want to consider the distinctive Ione. The English pronunciation usually starts with the long I, while in the Latin languages such as Italian it starts with the long E sound.
Lists containing Ione:
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- Hipster Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With I
- Best Cool Unusual Girls' Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Cool Classic Girls’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Bohemian Baby Names