Irish"keeper of horses"
Eachann Origin and Meaning
The name Eachann is a boy's name of Scottish, Irish origin meaning "keeper of horses".
Authentic Gaelic name with pronunciation problems in the US. In Scotland Eachann has been anglicized as Hector, not because of its sound, but because the Trojan hero Hector had the reputation as a mighty horseman.
20 Names Similar to Eachann
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eachann.
Lists containing Eachann
Famous People Named Eachann
- Eachann Mac Goraidh MacAlasdair17th century chief of Scottish clan MacAlister
- Eachann Óg Macleanseveral chiefs of Scottish clan Maclean
- Eachann Mor Macleanseveral chiefs of Scottish clan Maclean
- Eachann Odhar Maclean9th chief of Scottish clan Maclean
- Eachann nan Cath aka Hector MacDonaldScottish general in the Boer Wars
- Eachann Reaganach Maclean1st Laird of Lochbuie, founder of the Macleans