Diarmuid Origin and Meaning
The name Diarmuid is a boy's name meaning "free from envy".
Old Irish spelling of Dermot / Diarmaid. This spelling is commonly used in the legend of Diarmuid and Gráinne, a love story from Irish legend.
20 Names Similar to Diarmuid
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Diarmuid.
Famous People Named Diarmuid
- Diarmuid Fionntain O'ScannlainU.S. federal judge
- Diarmuid GavinIrish garden designer and TV personality
- Diarmuid MartinPrimate of Ireland
- Diarmuid DaltonEnglish bassist of metal bands Jesu and Iroha
- Diarmuid LawrenceEnglish TV director
- Maximilian Paul Diarmuid "Max" Irons (b. 1985)English actor, son of Jeremy Irons
Diarmuid in Pop Culture
- Diarmuid Ua Duibhnewarrior and lover of Grainne in Irish mythology
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.