Diarmuid Origin and Meaning
The name Diarmuid is a boy's name meaning "free from envy".
Old Irish spelling of Dermot / Diarmaid. This spelling is commonly used in the legend of Diarmuid and Gráinne, a love story from Irish legend.
20 Names Similar to Diarmuid
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Diarmuid.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Diarmuid
- Diarmuid Fionntain O'ScannlainU.S. federal judge
- Diarmuid GavinIrish garden designer and TV personality
- Diarmuid MartinPrimate of Ireland
- Diarmuid DaltonEnglish bassist of metal bands Jesu and Iroha
- Diarmuid LawrenceEnglish TV director
- Maximilian Paul Diarmuid "Max" Irons (b. 1985)English actor, son of Jeremy Irons
Diarmuid in Pop Culture
- Diarmuid Ua Duibhnewarrior and lover of Grainne in Irish mythology