Demelza Origin and Meaning
The name Demelza is a girl's name of Cornish origin meaning "fort on the hill".
Complex and challenging modern Cornish name derived from a place name. The given name began to be used in the U.K. in the 1950s via the serialization on British TV of the Poldark novels of Winston Graham, whose heroine was named Demelza.
20 Names Similar to Demelza
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Demelza.
Lists containing Demelza
Famous People Named Demelza
- Demelza McCloudAustralian netball player
- Demelza ReveleyAustralian model
- Demelza Eira Daydaughter of English model Amy Willerton.
Demelza in Pop Culture
- Demelza Poldark nee Carnemain character in Winston Graham's "Poldark" series
- Demelza Robinsminor character in the "Harry Potter" series
- Demelza Heapcharacter in Angie Sage's "Queste," of the Septimus Heap series
- Demelzacharacter in Barbara Cartland's book "The Ghost who Fell in Love"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.