Cytherea Origin and Meaning
The name Cytherea is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "from the island of Cythera".
Cytherea, a place-name that is the home of Aphrodite, seems stuck in ancient Greece.
20 Names Similar to Cytherea
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cytherea.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Cytherea
- Cytherea (born Cassieardolla Story)American adult film actress
Cytherea in Pop Culture
- Cytherea Grayeheroine of Thomas Hardy's "Desperate Remedies" (1871)
- "I had seen her name on a bag at the station and wondered what she would be like – Cytherea! A lovely nameanyhow." [H. G. Wells, "Brynhild," 1937]
- Epithet of Aphroditetaken from the name of the island Cythera, which was sacred to her.
- "The Embarkation for Cythera" a Rococo painting by Watteau.
- Cythareathe spelling used by 17th,century poet Anne Finch
- Possibly related to the French name Quitterie. Saint Quiteria is sometimes depicted as a swordwielding guerrilla fighter.