Cate Origin and Meaning
The name Cate is a girl's name of English, Greek origin meaning "pure".
Time was, even C-starting Catherines who called themselves Kate spelled it with a K, but Cate Blanchett changed all. Cate is now as acceptable as (but not as well used as) Kate. Cait might be short for Caitlin.
20 Names Similar to Cate
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cate.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Cate
Famous People Named Cate
- Catherine Elise "Cate" BlanchettAustralian actress
- Catherine Elizabeth "Cate" Edwardsattorney and daughter of former U.S. Senator John Edwards
- Cate MarvinAmerican poet
- Cate ElefanteAmerican actress
- Cate Tiernanpen name for American novelist Gabrielle Charbonnet
- Cate ShortlandAustralian film director and screenwriter
- Cate SweeneyEnglish playwright
- Cate Natalie CampbellAustralian Olympic swimmer
- Field Adrianus CateAmerican musician, from band Fencer
Cate in Pop Culture
- Cate Cassidycharacter on TV's "Life Unexpected"
- Cate Schoolcoed private high school in Carpinteria, California