Welsh"fort near a slope"
Carew Origin and Meaning
The name Carew is a boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "fort near a slope".
Noted bearers of this surname include a metaphysical poet, a Nobel Prize winner, and a baseball Hall of Famer, so there's plenty of hero-name inspiration.
20 Names Similar to Carew
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Carew.
Lists containing Carew
Famous People Named Carew
- Rod CarewPanamanian,American Hall of Fame baseball player
- Thomas Carew (?15951640), English poet, diplomat and author
Carew in Pop Culture
- Mad Carewthe tragic hero of the dramatic ballad 'The Green Eye of the Yellow God' (1911) by J. Milton Hayes
- The surname is pronounced either as spelled or as 'Carey'.
- Emma Carewcharacter in the musical "Jekyll and Hyde"