Brunhilda Origin and Meaning
The name Brunhilda is a girl's name of Norse origin meaning "armed for battle".
Variant of Brunhild, still clad in heavy armor. Though the heroine Brunhilda of Quentin Tarantino's recent film Django Unchained may have given this version of the name new appeal.
20 Names Similar to Brunhilda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Brunhilda.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Brunhilda
Famous People Named Brunhilda
- Brunhilda of AustrasiaVisigoth queen
- Igerna Brünhilda "Hilda" Johnson SollasBritish naturalist
Brunhilda in Pop Culture
- Brenhilda (sic)Countess of Paris, character in Sir Walter Scott's 1832 novel Count Robert of Paris
- "BroomHilda," comic strip about a green witch
- Broomhilda "Hildy" Von ShaftKerry Washington's character in movie "Django Unchained"