Arkady Origin and Meaning
The name Arkady is a boy's name meaning "from Arcadia".
Arkady is a rhythmic Russian saint's name from the Greek meaning "from Arcadia." As a literary name, it belongs to a genteel character in Turgenev's Fathers and Sons and a much less benign one in Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, and is also a key figure in Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith.
20 Names Similar to Arkady
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Arkady.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Arkady
- Arkady FiedlerPolish writer, journalist and adventurer
- Arkady StrugatskyRussian science fiction novelist
- Arkady Georgievich AndreasyanArmenian footballer
- Arkady GaidarRussian children's author
- Arkady ShilkloperRussian musician
- Arkady Ilyich OstashevRussian aerospace engineer
- Arkady Romanovitch RotenbergRussian oligarch
- Arkady Ivanovich VolskyRussian politician
Arkady in Pop Culture
- Arkady Kirsanovfriend to Evgeni Bazarov in Otsy i Deti (Fathers and Sons) (1862) by Ivan Turgenev