Zadok Origin and Meaning
The name Zadok is a boy's name meaning "righteous".
A rarely heard biblical name, Zadok is borne by no less than nine Old Testament men. The most famous was a priest who lived during the reign of King David, whom he helped and supported, and was rewarded by allowing his descendants to be the only God-appointed legitimate heirs to the priesthood. "Zadok the Priest" is one of four anthems composed by George Frideric Handel for the coronation of George II and has been song at every British coronation since.
20 Names Similar to Zadok
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zadok.
Famous People Named Zadok
- ZadokBiblical priest who showed great courage during the reigns of the first three kings of Israel
- Zadokson of Ahitub, father of Shallum, of the house of Aaron (1 Chr. 6:12)
- Zadokfather of Jerushah the mother of Judean King Jotham (2 Chr. 27:1)
- Zadokson of Baana; a rebuilder of Jerusalem's walls (Nehemiah 3:4)
- Zadokson of Immer; repairer of Jerusalem's walls (Nehemiah 3:29)
- Zadok MagruderAmerican Revolutionary
- Zadok CaseyU.S. Congressman from Illinois
- Zadok HaKohenLithuanian rabbi
Zadok in Pop Culture
- Zadoka "rapacious Jew" in The Unfortunate Traveller: or, the Life of Jack Wilton (1594) by Thomas Nashe
- Zadok Allencharacter from H.P. Lovecraft's The Shadow over Innsmouth
- "Zadok the Priest"one of the four Coronation Anthems composed by George Frideric Handel for the coronation of George II in 1727, and sung at every coronation of a British sovereign since
- Means "righteous" in Hebrew.