English"from the ford by the landing place"
Stafford Origin and Meaning
The name Stafford is a boy's name of English origin meaning "from the ford by the landing place".
Sounds as if it should have a Sir before it or a shire following it.
20 Names Similar to Stafford
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Stafford.
Lists containing Stafford
Famous People Named Stafford
- (Richard) Stafford Crippsformer British Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Stafford FairborneBritish Navy admiral and politician
- Stafford Alois ReppAmerican actor
- Stafford HuylerAmerican web cartoonist of NetBoy
- Conrad Stafford BainAmerican actor; twin brother Bonar Bain
Stafford in Pop Culture
- Staffordengine on TV series "Thomas & Friends"