English, diminutive of Roderick and Rodney"famous commander"
Rod Origin and Meaning
The name Rod is boy's name of English origin.
Macho-er than thou.
Famous People Named Rod
- Roderick David "Rod" StewartEnglish singer,songwriter
- Rodney Stephen "Rod" SteigerAmerican actor
- Rod BlagojevichAmerican politician, former governor of Illinois
- Rodney Stuart "Rod" TaylorAustralian actor
- Rodman Edward "Rod" SerlingAmerican TV producer, creator of "The Twilight Zone"
- Rodney George "Rod" LaverAustralian tennis player
- Rod Cameron (born Nathan Roderick Cox)American actor
- Rollin Augustus "Rod" DanielAmerican film director
Rod in Pop Culture
- Rod Kimblemain character in the movie "Hot Rod"
- Rod Reisscharacter in anime "Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin"