English"from the country, countryman"
Pagan Origin and Meaning
The name Pagan is boy's name of English origin meaning "from the country, countryman".
Writer Anne Tyler gave this apt name to the hippie child in her novel Amateur Marriage, but she wasn't the first -- it was also used by the Puritans. Today it would be quite a loaded choice.
20 Names Similar to Pagan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pagan.
Lists containing Pagan
Famous People Named Pagan
- Paganmedieval ruler of Bulgaria
- Tiziano Pagan De PaganisItalian painter
- José Antonio PagánPuerto Rican baseball player
- Ángel Manuel PagánPuerto Rican baseball player
Pagan in Pop Culture
- Sir Pagan d'Urbervillefounder of the d'Urberville and Durbeyfield families, of which the eponymous Tess Durbeyfield is a member, in "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" (1891) by Thomas Hardy
- Pagan fell out of favor when it became a term used for an irreligious person or someone who believed in more than one god.
- Pagannorthernmost island of the Marianas Islands, pr. pah' guhn
- Pagan Mincharacter in the game "Far Cry 4"