Nadezhda Origin and Meaning
The name Nadezhda is girl's name of Polish origin meaning "hope".
Nadezhda is more familiar in the English-speaking world by its short forms, Nadia or Nadya. Well-used through the Slavic countries and Russia, Nadezhda was the name of Lenin's wife. Viewers of The Americans learned that this was the original Russian name of the spy known as Elizabeth Jennings, played by Keri Russell.
20 Names Similar to Nadezhda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nadezhda.
Famous People Named Nadezhda
- Nadezhda Andreyevna DurovarRussian military officer who fought in the Napoleonic Wars disguised as a man
- Nadezhda Konstantinovna "Nadya" KrupskayaSoviet politician; wife of Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin
- Nadezhda Nikolayevna "Nadya" RushevaRussian painter and illustrator
- Nadezhda Yakovlevna MandelstamRussian Soviet memoirist
- Nadezhda Sergeevna Alliluyevasecond wife of Soviet leader Joseph Stalin
- Nadezhda Filaretovna von MeckRussian arts patron of Tchaikovsky
- Nadezhda Pavlovna ShteinmillerRussian painter
- Nadezhda Vladimirovna ChizhovaRussian Olympic shot putter
- Nadezhda (Alexeevna Ilyina) WijenbergRussian,Dutch Olympic runner
- Nadezhda Andreyevna "Nadya" TolokonnikovaRussian political activist and member of the band "Pussy Riot"
- Nadezhda "Nadya" KarpovaRussian footballer
- Nadezhda Viktorovna "Nadia" PetrovaRussian tennis player