English"of the sea"
Marnie Origin and Meaning
The name Marnie is girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "of the sea".
Retro short form of Marina, now dated to the era of the Hitchcock movie that made it famous. In the UK, it's one of the hottest vintage names of the moment, perhaps inspired by British singer Lily Allen, who gave it to her second daughter in 2013. It's also a character name on the hit TV show Girls.
20 Names Similar to Marnie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marnie.
Famous People Named Marnie
- Marnie SternAmerican guitarist
- Marnie Elizabeth McBeanCanadian Olympic rower
- Marnie ReeceWilmore, Australian actress
- Marnie McPhailAmerican voice actress
- Marnie SchulenburgAmerican actress
- Marnie WeberAmerican artist
- Marnie AltonCanadian actress
- Marnie WoodrowCanadian novelist
- Marnie Rose Cooper (b. 2013)daughter of singer Lily Allen
- Marnie SimpsonReality star
Marnie in Pop Culture
- Margaret "Marnie" Edgarcharacter in "Marnie" by Winston Graham and 1964 Hitchcock movie
- Marnie Michaelscharacter on TV's "Girls"
- Marnie Stonebrookwitch character on TV's "True Blood"
- Marnie Gordoncharacter on TV's "Heartland"
- Marnie Pipermain character in the "Halloweentown" movies
- Marniecharacter in movie "She's out of My League"
- "When Marnie Was There" book by Joan G. Robinson
- "When Marnie Was There" animated film adaption of the book, produced by Studio Ghibli
- Marnie means "wretchedly" in Polish
- Marniecharacter in the game "Stardew Valley"
- Marniecharacter and dark gym leader in Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Marnie Gunnmain character in novel "The Madness" by Alison Rattle