Hebrew, variation of Mahala"tenderness, affection"
Mahalia Origin and Meaning
The name Mahalia is girl's name of Greek origin meaning "tenderness, affection".
An underused Biblical name, probably because it's so tightly identified with the Queen of gospel singers, Mahalia Jackson. Other variations include Mahalah, Mahayla, Mahila, Mahilia, Mehalia, Mahali, and Mahalya.
20 Names Similar to Mahalia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mahalia.
Lists containing Mahalia
- Four Syllable Names for Girls
- Unusual International Baby Girl Names
- Four Syllable Baby Names
- Musician Baby Names
Famous People Named Mahalia
- Mahalia JacksonAmerican gospel singer
- Mahalia Violet BarnesAustralian singer,songwriter
- Mahalia SimpsonNew Zealand pop singer ("X Factor Australia")
- (Mahalia) Lucille SpannAmerican blues singer
- Mahalia Ann HinesAmerican educator; mother of rapper Common
Mahalia in Pop Culture
- "mahal" means love in Filipino.