English variation of Letitia"joy, gladness"
Lettice Origin and Meaning
The name Lettice is girl's name of English origin meaning "joy, gladness".
Lettice is still occasionally heard in upper-class British families, but we fear it would cause too much salad-green teasing to be considered in the U.S. Calling your little Lettice Lettie could help make the name more user-friendly, or go all the way to the original Letitia.
20 Names Similar to Lettice
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lettice.
Famous People Named Lettice
- Lettice KnollysCountess of Essex and Leicester
- Lettice Digby1st Baroness Offaly, Irish noblewoman
- Lettice Boylewife of English Royalist soldier George Goring, Lord Goring
- Lettice RowbothamEnglish violinist and contestant on "Britain's Got Talent"
- Lettice CurtisEnglish aviator
- Lettice CooperEnglish writer
- Lettice Mary TredwayEnglish canoness and abbess
- Liberty Lettice Lark RossEnglish model and actress
- Lara Lettice Johnsondaughter of UK prime minister Boris Johnson
Lettice in Pop Culture
- Lettice Douffetmain character in play "Lettice and Lovage" by Peter Shaffer