Variation of Gwendolen, Welsh"white ring"
Gwendoline Origin and Meaning
The name Gwendoline is girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "white ring".
The Gwendoline form may introduce pronunciation confusion -- does that last syllable rhyme with wine or win or when? We vote Gwendolen as not only the most proper but the clearest spelling, followed by Gwendolyn, with Gwendoline a distant third.
20 Names Similar to Gwendoline
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gwendoline.
Famous People Named Gwendoline
- Gwendoline ChristieEnglish actress
- (Gwendoline Maud) Syrie BarnardoEnglish interior decorator
- Gwendoline Elizabeth DaviesWelsh philanthropist and art collector
- Gwendoline DidierFrench figure skater
- Gwendoline ButlerEnglish mystery novelist
- Gwendoline "Gwen" HarwoodAustralian poet
- Gwendoline Alice PorterBritish Olympic runner
- Gwendoline "Gwen" RaveratEnglish artist and writer, granddaughter of Charles Darwin
- Gwendoline Gaelle Ramos RuaisMiss World Philippines 2011
- Gwendoline SeeHian Yeo, Singaporean,born American actress
- Samantha Gwendoline Sheffieldbirth name of Samantha Cameron, wife of David Cameron
Gwendoline in Pop Culture
- Gwendoline (1886)opera by Emmanuel Chabrier
- Gwendolinecharacter in Céline's "Mort à crédit" (1936); voracious sexual partner to Ferdinand (the narrator) on channel crossing
- Sweet Gwendolinecharacter created by bondage artist John Willie and 1984 film "Gwendoline"
- Gwendoline Marycharacter in Enid Blyton's book series 'Malory Towers'
- 'By far the most popular form in Britain of Gwendolenat a peak in the 1920s but now quietly used.'