Diminutive of Gwendolen/Gwendolyn"white circle"
Gwen Origin and Meaning
The name Gwen is girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "white circle".
While Gwen may have originated as a short form of Gwendolen and Gwendolyn, these days it frequently stands on its own. Rocker Gwen Stefani has given it a shot of cool, and parents are choosing it as a standalone more and more often—Gwen hopped back onto the US Top 1000 in 2013 after an absence of over 30 years. Gwen could also be short for Guinevere.
# 855 in the US
Gwen Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Gwen
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gwen.
Lists containing Gwen
- White Cat Names
- Hot New Names of the 2010s
- Hot New Names of the 2010s
- October Baby Names
- Middle Names for Girls
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls
- Coolated Girls' Names
- Cool Names That Mean Blond
- Werewolf Baby Names
- Names That Mean Miracle, Heavenly, or Divine
- Names That Mean Pure
- Names That Mean White or Fair
- One-Syllable Baby Names
- Middle Names for Baby Girls and Boys
- Nicknames for Baby Girls
- Best Baby Names with No Nicknames
- Nickname Names
- Cool Girl Names
- One Syllable Girl Names
- Cool Saint Names for Babies
- Saint Names
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Confirmation Names for Girls
- Cool Winter Baby Names
- Husky Names
- Corgi Names
- Simple, Sleek, Cool Names
Famous People Named Gwen
- Gwen Renee StefaniAmerican singer and fashion designer
- Gwendolynne Sophia "Gwen" MooreU.S. Congresswoman from Wisconsin
- Gwendolyn "Gwen" GuthrieAmerican singer,songwriter
- Gwendolen Mary "Gwen" JohnWelsh artist
- Gwendolyn "Gwen" IfillAmerican journalist
- Gwyneth Evelyn "Gwen" VerdonAmerican actress and singer
- Gwendolyn Lee "Gwen" daughter of singer Tammy Wynette
- Gwen Jorgensen2016 US Triathlon Olympic Gold Medalist
- Gwen FrosticAmerican artist
- Gwen Choidancer from Project 21
Gwen in Pop Culture
- Gwen Stacylove interest of Spider,Man
- Gwen Coopercharacter on TV's "Torchwood"
- Gwen Dawsoncharacter on TV's "Downtown Abbey"
- Gwendolyn 'Gwen' Tennysoncharacter on animated series "Ben 10"
- Gwen Graysoncharacter in 2005 movie Sky High
- Gwen Raidencharacter on TV's "Angel"
- Gwen Norbeck Munsoncharacter on American soap "As the World Turns"
- Gwen Van Osburghcharacter in Edith Wharton's "The House of Mirth"
- Gwen Thompsoncharacter in American Girl's "Chrissa Stands Strong"
- Gwencharacter in movie "Ghost Town"
- Gwen Cummingscharacter in movie "28 Days"
- Gwen Hinescharacter in animated movie "Arthur Christmas"
- Gwennickname of Guinevere on TV's "Merlin"
- Gwen Campbellcharacter on TV's "Supernatural"
- Gwencharacter on animated series "Total Drama"
- "Gwenor the Book of Sand," French animated film
- Gwen Verecharacter in Foz Meadows' "Manifold Worlds" series
- Gwendolyn 'Gwen' Frost from The Mythos Academy series
- Gwendolyn “Gwen”character in the Rooster Teeth animated series "Camp Camp"