Fidelia Origin and Meaning
The name Fidelia is a girl's name meaning "faithful".
Fidelia stems from the Latin word Fides, meaning faith. It has the some root as the English word fidelity. Fidelia gained popularity in the mid-19th Century after Beethoven's opera "Fidelio" gave this name cultural and virtuous significance.
# in the US
Fidelia Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Fidelia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fidelia.
Famous People Named Fidelia
- Fidelia BridgesAmerican artist
- Fidelia Ann Hoscott Smith FieldingAmerican Mohegan language educator, last native speaker of the Mohegan Pequot language
- Ana Fidelia Quirot (Moré) Cuban Olympic runner
- Fidelia FiskeAmerican Congregationalist missionary
Fidelia in Pop Culture
- Fidelia (Faith)character in Spenser's The Faerie Queene, sister of Speranza (Hope) and Charissa (Charity)
- Fideliacharacter in William Wycherley's "The Plain Dealer"
- Fideliacharacter in opera "Edgar" by Giacomo Puccini
- Fidelia Lennoxmain character in "How Fidelia Went to the Store" by Mary Eleanor Wilkins Freeman
- Magister Fidelia Lapointecharacter in the webcomic "Never Satisfied" by Taylor Robin
- Spanishfeminine form of Fidel (see also Fidelio)
- Nickname: Fideline
- Fidaleawife of Byzas and daughter of Thracian king Varvizos (or Varvisios) in Greek mythology