Spelling variation of Derek"the people's ruler"
Derrick Origin and Meaning
The name Derrick is boy's name of Danish origin meaning "the people's ruler".
Variation of Derek.
# 715 in the US
Derrick Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Derrick
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Derrick.
Famous People Named Derrick
- Derrick Martell RoseAmerican basketball player
- Derrick Watkinsbirth name of Fonzworth Bentley, American musician, author and TV personality
- Derrick Jones aka DNice, American rapper
- Derrick RostagnoAmerican tennis player
- Derrick Dewan BrooksAmerican NFL football player
- Derrick MayAmerican techno musician
- Derrick Vincent ThomasAmerican NFL football player
- Derrick James MasonAmerican NFL football player
- Derrick "DJ" O’Hara JohnsonAmerican NFL football player
- Derrick RamseyAmerican NFL football player
- Derrick ColemanAmerican basketball player
- Derrick BrewAmerican Olympic runner
- Derrick Bernard FavorsAmerican basketball player
- Derrick Barrydrag queen/female impersonater
- Derrick Kankakeefounder of Kankakee Community College.
- Derrick Derricoson of Karen and Deon Derrico, featured on TLC’s ‘Doubling Down with the Derricos’
Derrick in Pop Culture
- Derrick Adlercharacter on TV's "Close to Home"
- Derrick Harringtoncharacter in The Clique Series
- "Derrick" German TV series featuring DCI Stephan Derrick
- Derrick 'Derry' and Derrick 'Roddy' Farrarfather and son characters in "Vital Signs" by Barbara Wood
- Introduced into England via the Low Countries (a late 16thcentury London hangman called Derick is the origin of the use of "derrick" for a hoisting apparatus)