Scandinavian variation of Bridget, Gaelic"strength or exalted one"
Birgitta Origin and Meaning
The name Birgitta is girl's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "strength or exalted one".
Classic Scandinavian form of Bridget. Saint Birgitta of Sweden is the patron saint of Europe.
20 Names Similar to Birgitta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Birgitta.
Famous People Named Birgitta
- Birgitta Birgersdotterbirth name of Saint Bridget of Sweden, nun and mystic
- Birgitta Ingeborg AlicePrincess of Hohenzollern, sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- Birgitta Haukdal (Brynjarsdóttir)Icelandic singer
- Birgitta ValbergSwedish actress
- Birgitta JónsdóttirIcelandic politician
- Birgitta TrotzigSwedish novelist
- Birgitta StenbergSwedish novelist
- (Märta) Birgitta Karlström DorphSwedish diplomat
- Birgitta Moran FarmerAmerican portrait painter
- (Eva) Birgitta OhlssonSwedish politician
- Brechtgien "Birgitta" DurellSwedish industrialist