Alyosha Origin and Meaning
The name Alyosha is boy's name meaning "defender".
Russian diminutive of Alexei, borne by the protagonist in Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. Alyosha, like most other Russian diminutive forms, is not generally given as a standalone name in Russia itself.
20 Names Similar to Alyosha
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alyosha.
Famous People Named Alyosha
- Alyosha (born Olena Oleksandrivna Kucher)Ukrainian singer
- Alyosha Popovichmale Russian folk hero
Alyosha in Pop Culture
- Alexey 'Alyosha' Karamazovmain character in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Brothers Karamazov"
- "Alyosha the Pot" short story by Leo Tolstoy
- "Alyosha Ptitsyn Grows Up" 1953 Soviet film