Arabic"confidante, best friend"
Safiyya Origin and Meaning
The name Safiyya is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "confidante, best friend".
The fact that this is pronounced sah-FEE-yah would cause Western ears to hear it as Sophia.
20 Names Similar to Safiyya
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Safiyya.
Lists containing Safiyya
Famous People Named Safiyya
- Safiyyah bint Huyayya wife of the Prophet Muhammad
- Saffiyah binte ‘Abd alMuṭṭalib, companion and aunt of Muhammad
- Safiyyah bint Abi al'As, mother of Ramla bint Abi Sufyan, another wife of Muhammad
Safiyya in Pop Culture
- Safiya NygaardYoutube personality, formerly working with Buzzfeed
More Lists containing Safiyya
- Arabic Names
- Arabic Names for Girls
- 7 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Friend
- Names That Mean Best
- Three Syllable Names for Girls
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.