Polish diminutive of Maria"drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved"
Marysia Origin and Meaning
The name Marysia is a girl's name meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
The meaning of Maria, from which Marysia is derived, is uncertain. Theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots mar "drop" and yam "sea"); "bitter" (from Hebrew marah "bitterness"); and "beloved" (from the Egyptian root mr).
20 Names Similar to Marysia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marysia.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Marysia
Famous People Named Marysia
- Marysia KayScottish actress and singer
- Marysia StarostaPolish pop singer
- Marysia ZalewskiBritish feminist and academic
- Holland Marysia Walker Hartingtondaughter of Courtney Hansen & Jay Hartington
Marysia in Pop Culture
- Maria "Marysia" Walewskacharacter in 1966 polish film "Marysia i Napoleon"