Joao Origin and Meaning
The name Joao is a boy's name meaning "God is gracious".
A Portuguese classic, typically spelled with a tilde over the A. Many members of the Portuguese royal family were named João, and today it’s associated with a number of Portuguese and Brazilian footballers.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Joao
Famous People Named Joao
- João Gilberto Prado Pereira de Oliveiraknown as João Gilberto, Brazilian singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- João Pedro Cavaco CanceloPortuguese professional footballer
- Joao Jimmy Plata CoteraEcuadorian footballer
- Joao Robin Rojas MendozaEcuadorian footballer
- Joao Mario (Naval da Costa Eduardo)Portuguese professional footballer