French variation of Jean"God is gracious"
Jeannine Origin and Meaning
The name Jeannine is a girl's name meaning "God is gracious".
This feminine form of Jean was most popular in the 1930s in its home country, and in the 1960s in the US. It's fallen off the Top 1000 list since, but perhaps cute retro nickname Jeannie could tempt some vintage-loving parents back.
20 Names Similar to Jeannine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jeannine.
Famous People Named Jeannine
- Jeannine EdwardsAmerican sportscaster
- Jeannine Altmeyer (born 1948)American operatic soprano
- Jeannine BurchSwiss television actress
- Jeannine DaltonMiss North Carolina 1982
- Jeannine HaffnerAmerican singer,songwriter, wrote the song Yes We Can
- Jeannine OppewallAmerican film art director
- Jeannine PhillipsMiss Connecticut 2006
Jeannine in Pop Culture
- "Jeannine" jazz standard written by Duke Pearson